Open Data: Innovation in Smart Government
Executive Education Program
Who should attend: Government employees and Non Government organizations Developers , Researchers and entrepreneurs.
Key Subjects: Open Data, Smart Government, Smart City, Innovation.
The cost of the program: AED 7,300
Program Date: 20-21 March 2016 .
Open Data as a practice and culture is widely recognized as an effective innovation tool that can be leveraged by governments and societies to create new economic and social opportunities and find solutions for the challenges they face.
In the UAE, open data is adopted to mainly help in perusing the country’s vision to be among the most innovative nations in the world and the home of smartest cities. Within this context, a new open data law is expected to be issued in Dubai soon.
- Explaining the concept of open data is open data, its benefits and opportunities
- Discussing the importance of open data for the Smart Government and Smart City initiatives
- Discussing case studies of successful open data practices from around the world
- Learning how to successfully launch and manage open data projects.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
Who should attend:
- Describe open data
- Explain the difference between big, personal and open data
- Describe the benefits of open data
- Learn about the open data context in UAE and the GCC region
- Explain the connection between open data and innovation, smart government and smart city initiatives
- Use some basic technology tools for open data
- Explain open data licenses
- Government employees especially those involved in initiatives related to Open Data, Smart Government, Smart City, Innovation
- Employees from non government organizations
- Developers who are interested in using open data to develop smart apps and other solutions
- Researchers and entrepreneurs who are interested in the topic
The cost of the program:
- Cost of the Program is AED 7,300.
Participants will receive attendance certificate from Mohammed bin Rashid School of Government and The Open Data Institute - Dubai.
The key areas this program will focus on are:
Part I: Digital Tends Shaping the Future of Government
- Technology Review: Data, Social Media, Mobile etc..
- The F.A.S.T. Government Model
Part II: Open Data
- What is open data, its benefits and opportunities
- Case studies of public value created via open data
- Open data for smart cities
- Data for Policy Making
- Open Data Technologies
- Dubai’s Data Strategy and Policy
- Designing an entity’s level data strategy and policies.
Note: Delivery Language: Arabic
In corporation with