Aisha AlMehyas has over 18 years of work experience across Abu Dhabi and Dubai Governments. Her skills include, but are not limited to, drafting economic and social developmental policies and strategies, working on research and studies related to sustainable human development, national capability development, Emiratization, assessment of behavioral skills and competencies, developing the skills of people of determination. Currently she is working on future foresight of human resources through future studies of accelerators associated with sustainable social development.
She is currently the director of National Capability Development at the Dubai Government Human Resources Department, her previous work experience was in His Highness the Ruler’s Court and at The Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research in Abu Dhabi. Her achievements mainly include:
- Contributing to the development of skills and capabilities of Dubai Government employees, future foresight of human resources based on the needs of the United Arab Emirates in general and Dubai in particular, in line with the government strategies and planning.
- Working on the importance of Emiratization across all jobs that are vital in Dubai Government through planning for Emiratization and succession.
- Heading the Expo2020 across Dubai Government, where DGHR is the official sponsor of assigning, loaning and volunteering of government employees to Expo2020.
- Received a certificate of Appreciation from His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai for participating in developing the 2010-2015 Dubai Government Strategies.
- Was awarded the first degree community service medal in July 2014 by His Highness Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan, minister of interior.
- Participated in the development of a strategy for women and children across the country from 2010 through 2015.
- Third year student of Doctorate studies in Development Policies at University of Sharjah with a “B” Grade. Earned a Master’s Degree in Applied Sociology with honors.
- Received a High Diploma in Scientific Research and has 3 certificates in scientific research from AlOwais Awards.
- Received a certificate in recognition of her efforts in serving the community from Her Highness Sheikha Shamsa bint Suhail.
- Authored a book titled “Emirati Women and the Laws between Theory and Practice” in 2018, short stories titled “Sand and Fence” in 2018, addressing the reality of the society, and a book specifically about internal security entitled “Internal National Security for the United Arab Emirates” published by Mohammed bin Rashid Foundation.
- Was recognized by His Highness Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Interior, for her book “Internal National Security for the United Arab Emirates”.
She has also specialized courses for preparing leaders and trainers, creativity and innovation, human resources development, self-development stemming from her years of experience and participating in conferences and seminars in the country and abroad.