Sara Ahmed is currently the Acting Manager of Strategic Planning at the Strategy & Future Department in Zayed University.
She has proudly obtained her Bachelor’s degree from UAEU in Political Science and her Master’s degree from Hamdan Bin Mohamed SMART University in Quality Management – Islamic Economy (GPA 4).
Sara started her career with Dubai Civil Aviation and was involved in international affairs memos/bilateral talks. She then moved to work at the Higher Colleges of Technology in various roles in the business department, academic advising, scheduling and closely managing students/faculty issues.
Sara proudly received several awards such as:
- SHCT Director Award in recognition of Excellence in Commitment to Student Welfare.
- SHCT Director Award in recognition of Excellence in Collaborative Spirit.
- Recognition by Sharjah Directorate of Human Resources and the Ministry of Higher Education for the contribution made to “Collaborative Applied Research into UAE National Participation in the Tourism Sector”.
- Awarded in Recognition of an invaluable contribution to the success of Dubai Air Show by H.H. Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum – Chairman of Emirates/ President of Dubai Airports.
- Awarded in Recognition of a Collaborative Project with Al Maktoum Foundation.
Sara has nearly 15 years work experience in different areas of: Strategic Planning, Institutional Excellence, Quality Assurance, Audit Processes, Innovation Management, BSC, EFQM, Action Plans, Government Services and Future Foresight.
Sara has a genuine interest toward charitable and volunteer work. She is currently a member of EXPO 2020 Volunteers (Membership # V170244) and a member of Dubai Cares and Emirates Quality Association.