This research area focuses on issues related to education access and reform in the UAE and the region. Research in this area explores some of the main challenges facing education in the region including access to higher education, skills gaps, building capacity for the knowledge economy, technology integration in education and unemployment among youth. Education policy research at the MBRSG pays special attention to global trends impacting education such as globalization and the rise of the digital classroom, while focusing on local issues such as the youth bulge, unemployment, emiratization and drop out rates among youth.
Current and planned research in this area:
- Persistence in the STEM pipeline among students in Abu Dhabi
- Providing equal opportunities to youth in the Western Region
- Inclusion of children with special needs in mainstream schools
- Technology and education
- Tackling education and employment challenges in the Northern Emirates
- UAE education policies and university branch campuses