This research area focuses on issues related to education access and reform in the UAE and the region. It also explores the challenges facing education in the region including access to higher education, skills gaps, building capacity for the knowledge economy, technology integration in education and unemployment among youth.
Current and planned research in this area includes:
- Persistence in the STEM pipeline among students in Abu Dhabi
- Providing equal opportunities to youth in the Western Region
- Inclusion of children with special needs in mainstream schools
- Technology and education
- Tackling education and employment challenges in the Northern Emirates
- UAE education policies and university branch campuses