This domain of studies covers environmental policies, governmental responses to climate change, food and water policies in the region, energy policies, mobility and urban sustainability, population studies, policy dimensions of the sustainable development goals (SDGs), among others. Moreover, this research area focuses on sustainable development in all of its facets – economic, social environmental.
Current and planned research in this area includes:
- Policy analysis of the UAE’s decision to lift subsidies on fuel prices
- Optimizing the efficiency and effectiveness of the already existing transportation infrastructure in Dubai
- Quality of life/well-being measures in the UAE/happiness
- Promoting sustainable economic growth in the GCC
- Achieving the UAE’s environmental sustainability goals